If middle school is but a stepping stone for children before they enter high school, then our HAWKS have used it as a launchpad to greatness. NYC 8th graders are not even required to take Regents exams, but look how this years graduating class fared.
- 8th grade student, Imran Rahman took and passed 7 NYS Regents Exams!!! Congratulations Imran, on a fantastic academic success story this year!
- In 2017, 31 students passed the Algebra 1 Regents exam. THIS YEAR: In 2018, 69 students passed the exam!
- In 2017, 13 students passed the U.S. History Regents exam. THIS YEAR: In 2018, 25 students passed the exam.
- In 2017, 14 students passed 3-5 NYS Regents exams. THIS YEAR: In 2018- 32 students passed 3-7 Regents exams!
- In 2017, 56 students passed at least 1 NYS Regents exam. THIS YEAR: In 2018, 88 students passed at least 1 NYS Regents exam!
- In 2017, 25% of the 8th grade class graduated with at least one NYS Regent exam. THIS YEAR: In 2018, 40% of the 8th grade class will enter high school with at least one Regent.
- Taking NYS Regents examinations in middle school puts students on track to begin taking college level coursework as early as freshman year. Students are graduating from M.S.80 with a soaring head start to career and college readiness like never before.
Congratulations to our students and to the teachers that contributed to this unprecedented set of successes!!! A special shout out to our ACC Teacher Teams that that helped prepare these students to reach these amazing milestones.